Position: Cook and Cashier
Company: Bon Appetit Group
Reports to: Island Manager
Responsible for all grilled, broiled, roasted, or fried items prepared in the kitchen and Cashiering. Portioning food items prior to cooking of what is on menu. Assist in banquet preparation and cooking. Cook vegetables. Other duties include carving, plating and garnishing dishes. Assist in soup and sauce making. Responsible for maintaining a sanitary kitchen workstation and food storage area.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Complies with quality standards, department rules, policies, and procedures.
- Identifies and select cuts of meat, poultry, shellfish, fish, game, or vegetables used in preparation of menu items.
- Prepares garnishes for broiled and roasted dishes.
- Prepares other items needed at broiler station such as vegetables, starches, appetizers, or desserts that may be glazed in broiler.
- Sets up and maintain soups throughout the day, as well as appropriate garnishes.
- Broil and plate meats, poultry, shellfish, fish, game, or vegetables, along with appropriate garnish.
- Roasts, carves, and plates meats, poultry, shellfish, fish, game, or vegetables.
- Maintains a sanitary work environment including areas where food is prepared and stored.
- Selects and uses knives, hand tools, utensils, and equipment to cut, slice, broil, roast, carve, skewer, garnish foods. Maintains holding temperature for foods, grills, or otherwise produces food in the broiler station.
- Assist in any other capacity required in the operation including cashier.
- Tastes all food prepared to ensure flavor, texture and consistency and see that items meet established quality standards.
- Must be available to work all shifts as scheduled.
- Perform any other task that is assigned for the successful operations of the company.
Qualifications: High School graduate (GED), degree from a post-secondary culinary arts training program is desirable. Minimum of 1 year in a food preparation position in a restaurant setting.
Must be able to speak clearly and listen attentively to guests, managers, and team members; stand and move about the kitchen and cashier for periods over 8 hours. Must be able to lift 50 pounds in weigh, have good sense of smell and taste to understand foods and presentation. Possess finger dexterity to use small tools adeptly; read and follow written instructions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of what an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job listed above. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.